Ultimate Silver Dream
Ultimate Silver Dream interconnects - with Cardas RCA connectors or with a choice of XLRs for balanced connections
We're so proud of what these cables achieve. We'll take on all-comers with these
great value cables!
We truly do not believe that you can achieve significant improvements on this, without going into four-figure sums (except for own flagship The Nth Degree cable of course!).
The Ultimate Silver Dream uses the same high-purity silver conductors as the acclaimed Silver Dream, but with eight conductors instead of four. This lowers the overall resistance of the cable, whilst keeping each individual solid silver conductor the same optimal thickness.
The result is a cable that retains all the fantastic sound quality benefits of "Silver Dream", but offers the following further improvements:
* Perceived stereo soundstage dimensions increase in all directions. Individual instruments within the soundstage become even more rock-solid and focussed.
* Instruments take on greater realism, with more explosive dynamics.
* Further low-level detail is revealed - especially in the resolution of concert-hall ambience and natural or studio-created reverb trails, etc. This tends to create more of those spine-tingling "you are there" moments.
* There is an even greater sense of total tonal even-handedness throughout the frequency range.
* The bottom end becomes slightly fuller and more powerful, without introducing thickness. Rather like the effect of introducing a very high quality subwoofer into a system at a very low level, so that its contribution is not obvious - this has the surprising effect of improving one's perception of frequencies further up the range: midrange becomes less electronic, treble sweetens.
* An even greater range of recordings and music becomes enjoyable on your system. A common failing of high-resolution hi-fi systems is that ordinary recordings become unlistenable and you can only get listening pleasure from "audiophile" recordings. The best quality silver cables will reduce this effect - with no loss of detail.
* Musical flow is further improved. Music seems to gush out of the speakers in an uninhibited liquid flow.
The RCA version of this cable uses the wonderful Cardas SLVR Silver Signature RCA connectors, which are manufactured to a very high standard and have all surfaces silver-plated.
A 5-star rave-review from Hi-fi Choice:
November 2012: The prestigious Hi-fi News and Record Review magazine gave this cable a highly complimentary review in its December 2012 edition:
This magazine is probably the longest-running and most highly respected of all hi-fi magazines - having been around for over 50 years. So it was a great thrill for us to get this review.
Some excerpts from the review:
"The hi-res recording of Vivaldi's violin concerto was depicted beautifully by Artisan's silver cable, the resolution of fine detail helping to give a most vivid portrayal of the acoustic in which the instruments were recorded. The strings had real leading-edge 'bite', the speed of transients all adding to the sense of 'being there' at a real musical event."
"Fresh and subjectively brightly lit, its openness helped the image to appear wide and deep."
"...praised highly for the way it allowed us to hear buried details of percussion and electronic effects. Moreover, it also sounded lovely with the Bantock symphony excerpt."
The full review can be read in the December 2012 edition of "Hi-fi News and Record Review" magazine.
Order the RCA version here.
Please choose the length from the drop-down:
Pair of Ultimate Silver Dream interconnect cables, terminated with Cardas SLVR Silver Signature RCA plugs
Order XLR versions here.
Pair of Ultimate Silver Dream balanced interconnect cables, terminated with XLR connectors.
Please choose your preferred XLR connectors & length required from the drop-down menus below:
Click image to enlarge
Click image to enlarge
With Neutrik XLRs - great construction at a great price.
(see 2nd pic below).
With Furutech FP-701M & FP-702F black XLRs:
The careful design of the Furutechs leads to subtle improvements in the purity & openness of the sound - in our opinion well worth the extra £30...
(see pic below).
New option: any of the above cables can be specified as a shielded design for an additional £75.
To add shielding for one pair of cables,
please click the "Add to cart" button below
(£75 per pair).
Choose the shielding option for situations where hum or other noise is likely to audibly break through - highly recommended for very low signal-level connections, such as between a turntable and phono-stage.
The basic design of the cables remains the same (the braided construction already confers a significant rejection of noise), but they are then covered in shielding to further reject hum etc, then covered in an outer protective coating of black expandable sleeving.
Click image to enlarge